ANNUAL USED BOOK SALE
DONATIONS FOR SALE
The Used Book Workshop, located at 176 Technology Dr., Boalsburg, will re-open Saturday, June 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a special book donation day. From June 19 until Labor Day, the Workshop will be open on Monday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. and on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 9 a.m. to noon. You are invited to bring your book donation during workshop hours, simply press the white doorbell located adjacent to the loading dock to bring them inside.
View location for donations
WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Items which are unhealthy to handle or dirty, moldy, smelly, burnt, chewed or wet.
- Vinyl phonograph records, Audio and Video tapes
- National Geographic magazines
- AAA Travel Guides
- Readers Digest Condensed Books
- VHS tapes
We have found through years of experience that these items do not sell well and are expensive to dispose of.
We accept donations in the following categories:
- Arts: Art, music, opera, movies, television, as well as biographies of people in these fields
- Business and Economics
- Collectors: Books published before 1960 (These are on tables on the floor of the Ag Arena)
- $10-19.50 Tables: At front end of Cashiers row next to the Food Service window
- Communication: Books about newspapers or magazines, collections of essays, English grammar books, Style books (Strunk & White, AP Stylebook, etc.), “How-to” writing guides; books on journalists, muckrakers and TV news commentators.
- Cook Books
- DVDs, CDs as well as Books on Tape
- Fiction: Historical fiction, hardback romance, contemporary fiction
- Foreign Language: Books in languages other than English
- Health and Self-Help: Diet, exercise, child-raising, self-fulfillment, relationships
- Humor and Pop Culture: Includes joke books, books about space aliens, the occult, astrology, comic books, graphic novels, books on astrology, the paranormal. We had a large donation of books on psychic phenomena and paranormal topics. Check religion and philosophy tables too.
- Life Science: Books on anatomy, biology, botany; field guides to birds, mammals, etc.; “All Creatures Great and Small” series; agriculture yearbooks; forestry; veterinary books
- Literature: Classics, poetry, plays, myths, Cliff Notes, summaries of great works, books on theory of criticism/criticism.
- Mystery (hard cover)
- Paperbacks, fiction. Nonfiction paperbacks are on tables in appropriate category.l
- Political Science: – Law books, political parties, elections, communist theory, war
- Religion: Includes,Children's religious books, Bible stories, hymnals as well as novels published by Christian publishing companies
- (Physical) Science and Engineering: Books about astronomy, geology, computers, chemistry, physics, hydrology, electronics, physical geography, texts on cartography
- Science Fiction: speculative fiction, alternative history, some horror, paranormal romance, vampires
- Sheet Music: Also hardback books of music
- Social Science: Includes anthropology, psychology, archaeology, sociology, feminism, true crime, sexual orientation
- Special Collectors Room: Books priced $20 or more are in room behind the Information Table in the lobby.
- Sports: Books on hunting, fishing, guns, extreme sports; equestrian books; Joe Paterno
For more information, contact Suzanne Kerlin or Sherry Crassweller.